We publish two issues of Passager Journal each year, as well as a number of books of poetry, short stories, and memoir. There are two ways to publish with Passager:
See “Submission Guidelines” below for additional submission requirements.
Submission period: February 15 – April 15
Accepted genres: poetry only
Up to 5 poems, 40-line max ea.
$20 reading fee, includes 1-year subscription to Passager
$1000 prize. Honorable mentions will be published.
Not accepting submissions at this time. We will be announcing the 2019 Passager Poet and honorable mentions on Monday, June 10th.
Submission period: June 1- September 15
Accepted genres: poetry, memoir, short fiction
Up to 5 poems, 40-line max ea. OR 4,000 words of prose
No reading fee
Not accepting submissions at this time
Passager does not read unsolicited manuscripts.
Passager only publishes manuscripts from authors whose work has appeared in Passager Journal. This allows us to build a relationship with our authors and their work. Please submit to the journal so we can get to know you!
- Writers must be age 50 or older at the time of publication to submit.
- We prefer hard copy submissions, but for your convenience, you may also submit online via Submittable. All paper entries may be mailed to:
1420 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Include a cover letter and brief bio.
- Include your name and contact information on each page (even for the Poetry Contest, or when submitting online).
- Checks for the Poetry Contest reading fee should be made out to “Passager.”
- No previously published work will be considered.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere!
- No email entries accepted.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to return submitted work to you.
- Work received outside of the submission period will not be considered.
Questions? Email Christine at Editors@passagerbooks.com